Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 1 - My 1st COLONIC !

YIKES, the colonic!!! The book didn't really say if it should be at the beginning of the day or the end, so I booked it for the beginning to get it over with! If you are apprehensive about the colonic, don't be - it wasn't even half as bad as I'd feared!! Really, a gyno exam is worse!! The appointment took a total of 2.5 hours...OK, I'll take you through it.
I had to first fill out the usual paperwork, then I met with the colonic therapist, Anita, and we talked for a good half hour. She asked about eating habits, sleep habits, health history, and took questions. She shows me a diagram of the colon and stomach and explains how the colon works. She was very nice & professional & really made me feel at ease. In the background loomed "the machine". It was set up against the wall almost like a small entertainment center, with a nice wooden cabinet. There are a couple of dials for water pressure and temp., and in the center was a cut out area through which the clear tubing could be viewed. Finally it was time. Anita left the room so I could undress - everything off but bra & socks - and I put the hospital gown on. I had to pee, and there is a bathroom off this main room, with a digital scale. I weighed myself, and no one even asked my weight. It is 190.6 lbs. (I am 5'5" tall.) I was directed to lay on the gurney on my back (there is a pillow too!). Nice spa music is playing in the background, and the room lighting is more dim than bright. She covered me with a sheet and lifted it just at the bottom to massage my shins with peppermint oil. Anita says it relaxes the colon - and it felt great, helped to relax me too!
She adjusted the machine and showed me the tubing - just like an enema, only it's larger in diameter - about the width of a quarter. It looks huge, but it's very well lubed! I'd had visions of, at this point, she having to spread my cheeks & get it in there, but it wasn't like that at all! I was to do the inserting! I had the sheet covering me, and had to turn onto my left side. She just barely lifted the sheet enough for me to do it, and it was very easy. Once I had it in, she took over from there, and held it in. It REALLY wasn't bad or embarrassing at all!
It's a kind of gradual thing - she lets a little warm water flow in, and it actually feels pretty good! She has me tell her when I feel full, then she lets it out. It doesn't hurt; when you are "full" you just feel a little pressure like you have to poop. Each time you can take a little more. After a maybe 10 or 15 minutes of this, she has me turn onto my back with my legs bent up, and she turns the gurney so I can see what's flowing out through the tube. I actually found it very fascinating!!
After it was over, you go to the bathroom...for me, not much more came out, just a little watery stuff. I weighed myself again, for the heck of it...189.4 lbs.
I felt fantastic afterward. Maybe it was just in my head, but I felt less bloated & already "cleaner".
I really believe the colonic is the most important part of this whole process - once you see the diagram and learn how the colon works with the other organs, then read the elimination therapy chapter in the book, it all makes perfect sense.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for doing this. Really! You are going to be an expert, and I love talking to people that know their ____ (no pun intended)! I believe it's important for you to have this "Blog" as a record of your experience. Very nicely written; and, funny as well. Keep on flowing. You are doing great! I am very pleased with you, my Dear Sandi. Patience is truly a virtue. Thank you for sharing - BIG TIME!

    ReplyDelete