Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Days 2 thru 5

I am putting these days all together because they've been about the same - it's been going extremely well so far. Today is day 5 - I weighed myself and am 180 lbs. I have already lost 10.6 lbs.!! Amazing! I have not yet felt hungry or deprived, which shocks me. I live with my "significant other", and we still have our meals together, and I'm fine with it! On day 4, I was amazed that I was able to sit there while he ate chicken parmesan with rigatoni and garlic bread and it didn't bother me a bit (and I LOVE cheese and garlic)! Yes, it looked and smelled great, but I was able to brush it off! I have never had great willpower, and even secretly doubted that I could even make it this far, but I feel so great and energized, I can't imagine giving this up... and the 10 lb. loss is giving me even greater incentive. I know I have a long way to go, but I am determined!!!

The green/berry drink doesn't taste so great, so I suck it down with a straw (put the straw more toward the back of your throat and you won't really taste it much. I can suck it down in about 16 - 18 gulps!

Yes, the organic stuff is more expensive, but an old friend of mine once asked this, and it's stuck in my mind... "Would you rather spend money on good food now, or doctor's bills later?"

1 comment:

  1. You're not feeling hungry because you're getting NUTRITION!!! When we cut the High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Sat. Fats, and Trans Fats (a.k.a. Hydrogenated Fat) from our diet, we don't get deprived. Also, stay away from things that are labeled "Enriched". That means the manufacturer has stripped the flour from it's natural state, and added to it (hence, enriched - like white bread).

    As for the green/berry drink, learn to LOVE it. In time, you will. I strongly believe that we will always need the detox/anti-oxidant's to help us keep our bodies cleansed and in check.

    Your body is your Teacher. You have now become the Student. Congratulations!

    I look forward to reading more.....

    ReplyDelete